ASTERISK BASED VOIP SOLUTION
Our Asterisk VoIP (Voice over IP) based solution is a complete Linux based IPBX solution. Because of the process priority that Asterisk must take for quality voice transmission, you will want to run Asterisk from its own box. To this end – we recommend having your own Asterisk IPBX server installed at your head office for a centralized control IPBX
The Asterisk IP VoIP Solution combines complete IP PBX features with standards based SIP for telephony solution that can stand alone or integrate with existing phone systems. Asterisk IP VoIP Solution is an embedded system with built-in SIP Proxy Server and NAT router for SOHO user which not only provides network function but also provide an IP PBX feature in the office.
The setup will utilize the existing bandwidth from your current provider. This would serve all the offices efficiently and will lower all your International telephony costs immediately by more than 50%.
- Supports SIP, IAX and H.323 protocols and can therefore be integrated with many VOIP providers.
- Up to 300 simultaneous conference calls depending on the processor power of host machine
- Customizable IVR (Integrated Voice Recordings) menus.
- Unlimited voicemail support.
- Can be easily integrated to traditional PBXs.
- Free inter-office calls
- Connect to other services including the public switched telephone network (PSTN)
- Subsidized rates on international calls
- Ability to quickly & efficiently identify network problems.
OUR VOIP RATES:
Other technical specifications are listed in the following table.
Call Detail Records
Call Forward on Busy
Call Forward on No Answer
Call Forward Variable
Call Routing (DID & ANI)
Caller ID Blocking
Caller ID on Call Waiting
Direct Inward System Access
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Music On Hold
Music On Transfer:
- Flexible Mp3-based System
- Random or Linear Play
- Volume Control
TDMoE (Time Division Multiplex over Ethernet)
Allows direct connection of Asterisk PBX
Uses commodity Ethernet hardware
Allows for integration of physically separate installations
Uses commonly deployed data connections
Allows a unified dialplan across multiple offices
Remote Call Pickup
Remote Office Support
Route by Caller ID
- Visual Indicator for Message Waiting
- Stutter Dialtone for Message Waiting
- Voicemail to email
- Voicemail Groups
- Web Voicemail Interface
AGI (Asterisk Gateway Interface)
Graphical Call Manager
Outbound Call Spooling
TCP/IP Management Interface [GUI]
G.711 (A-Law & ?-Law)
G.723.1 (pass through)
G.729 (through purchase of a commercial license)
IAX™ (Inter-Asterisk Exchange)
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol)